Saturday 1 September 2012

School uniform- where does it stop?

We're coming to that time of year when it's the end of the summer holidays and people begin to slowly wake up from that dreamy period where nothing happens, and we all have to start rushing around looking to find the right uniform and panic when it's out of stock. This year my school really has tightend it's belt as I have to wear the school bag. This diabolical notion really is rather ridiculous because if my school thinks that a bunch of year eleven's are going to wear a bulky navy blue bag with a huge school logo on the front, they can think again!
A few weeks a ago we had to get my sister's school uniform as she is starting secondary school this year and it really made me think of my first few days at my new 'big' school. Just seeing her in that oversized blazer(wool), skirt(made with no natural fibres), and shirt(like a shopkeeper)brought a tear to my eye. We spent about four hours in Peter Jones searching for the perfect trainer for P.E('must be white, not flat and a very samll logo is aloud')and the correct grey for the socks(not too dark and not too light). I was on my last legs about to pass out when I heard a brief conversation about blazers."...teflon coated..." and thats when I stopped listening. I was looking at school uniform for myself: teflon coated, nonstick, no natural fibres blazer and skirt. erm...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great article! I'm in year 11 too and I still think uniform is ridiculous; there are too many restrictions! From AnnieX

    ReplyDelete